Requirements for Admission
The BSc-ADS has three entry points at Years 1, 2 and 3. The admission requirements of the programme will be in line with the University's minimum entry requirements, which are listed below:
Year 1 Entry
A. HKDSE applicants must have attained:
- English Language: Level 3 or above;
- Chinese Language: Level 3 or above;
- Mathematics: Level 2 or above;
- Liberal Studies: Level 2 or above;
- One elective subject: Level 2 or above.
When considering the applicants for Year 1 entry, once the programme’s minimum entrance requirements are fulfilled, the BSc-ADS adopts the Best Five Subject policy with Mathematics (Compulsory Part) inclusive for the selection decision. The admission score will be calculated based on the total score of the best five subjects. Students who have achieved level 4 or above in the ‘Extended modules in Mathematics’ (i.e., Module 1 Calculus and Statistics or Module 2 Algebra and Calculus) or ‘Information & Communication Technology’ at HKDSE will be given additional consideration.
B. Other qualifications:
- Hong Kong Associate Degree (AD) / Higher Diploma (HD) Holders (of locally accredited programmes); or
- Three passes in GCE A-level subjects. Two AS subjects are considered to be equivalent to one A-level subject. The same subject will not be counted at both the A-level and AS-level; or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma with an overall minimum score of 24; or
- Mainland applicants reach the second batch of undergraduate scores in Mainland National Joint College Entrance Examination (NJCEE) of their corresponding provinces and municipalities;
- Other equivalent academic qualifications (subject to assessment by the University).
Year 2 Entry (from academic year 2023)
A graduate of a relevant (in IT/data science related area) recognised AD or HD programme in Hong Kong.
Year 3 Entry (from academic year 2024)
A graduate of a relevant (in IT/data science related area) recognised AD or HD programme in Hong Kong with a GPA of at least 3.0 or above.
Source: University Admission Office