Dr. CHENG Wing Fat, Johnny
Before joining HKSYU, Dr. Cheng was a Lecturer at the Department of Information Technology, the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi). He has over 22 years’ experiences on teaching at tertiary education, including top-up degree and master’s degree programmes.
He received his B.Sc. degree in Mathematics with Computing at the University of East Asia, Macau, the predecessor of City University of Macau, and got a Postgraduate Diploma in Intelligent Knowledge-Based Systems in the early 90's. He then got an M.Sc. degree in Systems, Software and Information Engineering at the University of Sheffield, England and an M.Ed. degree in Information Technology at the University of Wollongong, Australia in 1998 and 2002 respectively. Dr. Cheng received his Ed.D. degree at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) in 2010.
- Information Management Technology
- Information & Data Literacy
- Internet Programming (HTML5, CSS3, PHP & MySQL)
- Java Programming
- Software and Systems
- Software Engineering
- Structured Programming
- Probability and Statistics
- Calculus and Linear Algebra
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Natural language processing
- Machine learning
- Deep learning
Yuen M. C., Cheng W.F., Wong H. H., “Data Visualization and Analysis with Machine Learning for the USA’s COVID-19 Prediction”, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Data Mining (FSDM 2022), Nov 2022. (To appear)
- Lau C.Y., Yuen M. C., Cheng W.F, Lau M.Y., Chan W.F., Wong H.C., “Intellectual Social Scanning and Analytics platform”, Proceedings of the 16th IEEE International Conference on Big Data Science and Engineering (IEEE BigDataSE 2022), Oct 2022 (Acceptance rate of 33.3%). (To appear)
- Cheng W.F., Yuen M. C., So Y. C., “Learning to Estimate Crowd Size by Applying Convolutional Neural Network to Aerial Imaging Analysis”, Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Information Retrieval (KDIR 2022), SCITEPRESS, Oct 2022. (To appear)
- Cheng, J.W.F. 2010, “Teaching and learning to program: A qualitative study of Hong Kong sub-degree students”, EdD thesis, University of Technology, Sydney
- Cheng, J.W.F. 2010, “Improving lower-performing Hong Kong students in learning computer programming: A grounded theory study”, International Journal of Learning, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 423-438.